YTC has switched to Gmail! All students now have a ytced.ca email account. YTC Webmail will be your official means of communication with college staff and faculty while you are attending the college.
Gmail & Google Apps make communicating with instructors and classmates easy and straightforward. In addition to Gmail, students have access to Google Calendar, Documents, and Spreadsheets, Google Talk and other Google services. You can access your webmail from any Internet connection or from your smartphone or tablet.
You may have questions about YTC Student Email. Some of these are addressed below. If you need further assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Monday thru Friday between 8:30am and 4:30pm.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Webmail and why do I need a @ytced.ca account?
- YTC Webmail is Yellowhead Tribal College’s email system. YTC Webmail is a way for you to communicate with YTC staff and instructors. YTC webmail allows you to receive important notices from the college, stay up-to-date with the shared YTC Calendar, and communicate with instructors.
How much space do I have for storage?
- 25 GB
How do I access my YTC Webmail account?
- You will be provided with your Username and Password prior to beginning your classes. Once you have these, you can enter your account by clicking the Webmail link at the top of the YTC homepage (http://www.ytced.ca).
- When you open your account, the "apps" are the options in the black navigation bar at the top of your screen:
- Mail, Documents and Calendar are the 3 Apps that you will use the most.
How can I get help with my YTC Webmail Account?
- If you need additional help, please contact email@example.com or by calling (780) 484-0303, Monday thru Friday between 8:30am and 4:30pm (closed weekends and holidays).
I don’t have a computer. How can I check my YTC Webmail account?
- Yellowhead Tribal College has computers available to students in the Computer Lab (outside of scheduled computer classes) and the library. Since this email service is accessible to you 24 hours a day on the web, you can check your email anywhere a computer that is connected to the internet is available—not just at school.
I have forgotten my Username and Password. How can I find out what these are?
- Please contact the library. See question 4.
How do I change my YTC Webmail password?
Please follow these steps:
- Sign into your Webmail account
- Click on your email address in the top, right corner of the page
- Click on Account
- Click on Security in the menu on the left
- Click on the Change Password button
- Enter your current password and then your new password (must be 8 characters long)
- Click Save!
Do I need to sign out when I am finished using my YTC Webmail account?
- It is strongly recommended that users log out and close all open browsers (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc) when they are finished using it in order to protect their personal information. To sign out, click on your email address in the top right corner of the page, then click the ‘sign out’ button.
Can my YTC Webmail account be used for personal pursposes?
- Yes. This is also a permanent account with so you will always have access to your YTC Webmail account.
Can I forward my email from other accounts to my YTC Webmail account?
Yes, in order to set this up:
- Sign into your YTC Webmail
- Click on the Gear button in the upper, right corner of the Webmail page
- Click on Settings
- Click on Accounts
- In the Check mail from other accounts (using POP3) section, click Add a POP3 email account you own.
- Enter the full email address of the account you would like to see email for, then click Next Step.
- Enter your password
- Decide whether to:
- Leave a copy of retrieved messages on the server
- Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail
- Label incoming messages
- Archive incoming messages
- Click Add Account
- Once your account has been added, you will have the option of setting it as a custom ‘From’ address. This allows you to compose messages in Gmail, but have them appear to have been sent from your other email account. Click Yes to set up.
*For more help including how-videos for using webmail and other Google Apps for Education, please check out this Student Webmail Guide!
Log in to Webmail here.